8(a) Sole Source
Direct (Sole Source) 8(a) Awards
The 8(a) Sole Source vehicle provides agencies a number of benefits:
- Simplified and shortened acquisition procedure
- Lower administrative costs
- Small business participation credit within the agency
- Direct negotiations which allows for best value pricing and seamless program integration
Steps to establish 8(a) Sole Source Contract with phia
- The Government program manager or interested party develops a statement of work, prepares a Government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- The Government program manager or interested party chooses phia to perform the work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- The agency contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offer Letter” to [email protected].
- SBA processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to phia.
- phia submits the proposal which is evaluated and negotiated (if necessary) by the agency.
- The contract is awarded to phia.
The entire process can be completed in 5-10 business days or less.